Name of the Project: BILS-FES Cooperation
Supported by: Freidrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES)
Duration: February –November 2020
Areas of collaboration:
- Advocacy for a Common Law for the Informal Sectors in Bangladesh
- Advocacy for Strengthening of TCC in RMG sector, Bangladesh
- Capacity Building of Youth Trade Unionists
- Capacity Building of ‘Bangladesh Chaa Sramik Union’for ensuring the rights of tea garden workers.
- The national level stakeholders will have a consensus for the formulation of A Common Law for Informal Sectors in Bangladesh to protect the informal workers as well as foster economic growth.
- Decent work will be ensured in the RMG sector in Bangladesh through proper functioning of the TCC of RMG sector.
- Advanced leadership skills and role of youth trade unionists for extended unity in labour movements.
- The rights situation of the tea garden workers will improve with increased social protection through the negotiation and collective bargaining of the ‘Bangladesh Chaa Sramik Union’.
- Situation Analysis : Corona Virus on Fishing Workers: Impact & Recommendations for Way forward
- A short Overview : Informal Sector in Bangladesh : Definition, Arena , Legal Status & Impact during Corona
- Consultation Meeting with NTUC’s on provision of common law for informal sector in Bangladesh
- National roundtable/consultation to share the national strategy with relevant stakeholders
- Situation analysis: Corona & RMG sector in Bangladesh : Present Situation & role of TCC in RMG
- Study Circle with Youth Trade Union Organizers
- Youth Camp
- Situation analysis on workers condition, lively hood, OHS, factory safety & local trade union in 5 different areas
- Develop a booklet as a popular version for ensuring the rights of Tea Garden workers’ rights on related law, rules and other legal instruments
- Develop & Finalize contents for Module on collective bargaining & negotiation, Decent work, decent wage & Gender and youth leadership development
Target Groups: National Trade Union Leadership, Youth Leadership, Tea Garden Workers & Fishing workers