- Research oriented education, Training, current information and publication is the basic and regular activities of BILS research Department.
- To realize the actual condition of labour.
- To facilitate in complying the national labour related policy.
- To facilitate trade union in nation and international labour related issues.
- Subjective research in project planning.
- Research of supporting organization.
- Analyzing the workplace accident, disputes, and violence data.
- Providing update information, reports according to the demands of Trade Union.
- Conducting internship program.
- Rights and welfare of labour force.
- Labour law.
- Protection and rights of the migrant workers.
- Worse condition of informal labour.
- Occupation health and safety.
- Challenge of Trade Union and development strategies.
- Rights of the female labour.
- Low salaries and social safety.
- Conducting labour related small and large scheme research.
- Preparing research content and introductory parts
- Various Program, recommendations from workshop, seminar, executive and advisory board
- Research inauguration by donor organizations.
- Receiving directions and supervisions
- Workshop among the research implementation and monitoring committee
- Recruit consultants (Labour related researcher, specialist, and university teacher)
- Intern participations (EX and current intern)
- Presenting the draft reports
- Assessment of the related stakeholders
- Preparing the final reports.
- Modification, elaboration and sophistication of the reports.
- Published through media, Trade Unions, website, and newsletter.